Scarlett Jean O'Connor
Scar (by Deacon)
|Date of Birth||
May 12, 1989 (age 24)
Waitress (former), Poet, Singer/Songwriter
Gunnar Scott (associated act)
- "I know all your songs by heart, you are just so great."
- —Scarlett O'Connor to Rayna Jaymes
A poet at heart, Scarlett O'Connor, 22, is a young Southern Belle who waitresses at the infamous The Bluebird Cafe. Her songwriting talents are discovered when she is unexpectedly called up to sing an original at an open mic night with her friend, Gunnar Scott. She is the niece of Deacon Claybourne. She originally moved to Nashville to support her boyfriend Avery Barkley but that relationship ended when Avery put his career ahead of their relationship. Scarlett had started to pursue a singing career of her own with Gunnar. Scarlett and Gunnar began their intimate relationship after Gunnar's brother died from being beaten to death, although Gunnar said that he had had feelings for Scarlett ever since they met. At the end of Season One, Scarlett O'Connor is proposed to by Gunnar which complicates the relationship.
- Why Can't I Say Goodnight (I Fall to Pieces) (Gunnar)
- Come See About Me (You're No Angel Yourself) (Zoey)
- This Town (Don't Open That Door) (Deacon)
- Lately (I'll Keep Climbing) (Gunnar)