Deacon John Claybourne
Guitar player/Country singer/songwriter
Coleman Carlisle (former sponsor)
- "You know, around here punk is code for “can’t play at all."
- — Deacon Claybourne to Avery Barkley
Deacon Claybourne is a country singer/songwriter.
Deacon Claybourne is a loyal companion to Rayna Jaymes — both onstage and off. The talented musician became Rayna’s band leader, guitar player, songwriter, and romantic partner when the duo paired up 20 years ago. And while things didn’t exactly work out for the two stars in the romance department — Deacon’s inner turmoil runs deep — the pair has successfully carried on a loyal, professional partnership.
He has been twelve years sober.
Rayna's lead guitar player. Introduces his niece, Scarlett, to Rayna after their performance at the Grand Ole Opry. Juliette attempts to steal him from Rayna, offering him a lead position in her band and double the money Rayna pays him. Deacon tells Rayna. Rayna tells him to do whatever will make him happy, she doesn't want to hold him back.
In the end of episode 10, the lead singer of the Revel Kings, Cy, attempts to sexually assault Scarlett, his niece. Deacon intervenes and quits the band.
He and Rayna dated when they were younger and he is the biological father of her daughter Maddie.
- A Life That's Good (You're No Angel Yourself , She's Got You)
- You're the Kind of Trouble (It Must Be You , She's Got You)
- Playin' Tricks (Tomorrow Never Comes)
Solos (In a Duet):Edit
- Undermine (With Juliette) (I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You))
- No One Will Ever Love You (With Rayna) (I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You))
- The End of the Day (With Rayna) (Why Don't You Love Me)
- This Town (with Scarlett) (Don't Open That Door)
- A Life That's Good (with Maddie Conrad) (I'm Tired of Pretending)
- This Time (with Rayna) (Just for What I Am)
- Matchbox Blues (I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You))
To view the Deacon Claybourne gallery, click here.