Avery Silas Barkley
Juliette Barnes (Friend and Boss)
- "Truth be told, other than heartbreak and drunken sex, I’m not 100% sure what you see in him."
- — Gunnar Scott to Scarlett O’Connor
- "Music's all I know how to do."
- —Avery to J.T.
Avery Silas Barkley is a singer/songwriter.
Avery first appears backstage with Scarlett O'Connor when he bumps into Juliette Barnes on their way to see Rayna Jaymes. He apologizes and she tells him to do it slower next time. She then walks away while he gazes after her (prompting a punch from then-girlfriend Scarlett, who witnesses the gaze). This coincidental meeting turns out to be a pivotal event, being the first encounter Avery has with Juliette, whom he later befriends and provides critical support to.
His desire to achieve his dream of fame brings him much conflict at first, leading him to become involved with Marilyn Rhodes to further his chances of making it big (this involvement leads Scarlett to break up with him). However, he finds that stardom pushes him into something he's not and in a moment of passion he burns his master tapes, thus ending his moment of favor with the popular music industry. He experiences a financial and emotional fall that humbles him. It is this fall that paves the road to Avery becoming a roadie on Juliette's tour.
- Twist of Barbwire (I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You))
- Peace in the Valley (Where He Leads Me)
- Keep Asking Why (You Win Again)
- The Morning Of The Rain (Lovesick Blues, Why Don't You Love Me)
- Let There Be Lonely (When You're Tired of Breaking Other Hearts)
- Kiss (Move It on Over, You're Gonna Change (Or I'm Gonna Leave), I'm Sorry for You My Friend)
- How You Learn to Live Alone (I Fall to Pieces)
Solos (In a Group Number)Edit
- Loving You is the Only Way to Fly (With Gunnar and Scarlett) (Move It on Over)
- Moon Is High (With Scarlett) (I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive)